I’m just sitting here thinking about Christmas this Morning. What do I like about it? What don’t I like about it? And why?
SO many say things like “Jesus is the reason” For the Season. Sounding Terrified that everyone might forget. Well the truth is, Jesus wasn’t born in December but that’s okay, He’s so loving, and so Kind, He’s just glad we remember him at all. Really!
I love Christmas because it brings out the best in people! I used to read those guidepost stories, you know? The ones with all the stories (Testimonies) of people who got Christmas Miracles, and just had to share them ……
I love the Lights, I love Christmas music. I love the bright colored packages, I love to hear the words “MERRY CHRISTMAS!”
I Love the goodies, and how everyone is (usually) thinking how to bless someone else, during this holiday time. I love Christmas Cards, and the smell of pine, and the Happy child faces……and Christmas MOVIES!
I know everyone does not love Christmas. It’s okay if they don’t, but, I do! Favorite memories through the years……
- The time my brother got the little people airport, and I played with it too!
- The time I got my mom a red vest from the Mercantile and, she loved it!
- The time I sang in the Choir at the Lutheran church, and all the other Choir times.
- walking through the mall, looking at the Christmas trees and lights
- That time in Washington when we went to the big “tour of lights’
- Watching my kid’s faces, opening presents! And stockings!
- The time they came to ND ………..(Kids, Grand-kids)
- The times we were together……..
- Family showing up, eating goodies …….singing songs, Laughing!
Decorating, baking and shopping are just preparations for the main event; GETTING TOGETHER To Celebrate Life! To Remind each other yes …..Life is good! Just like that Grinch Movie “Welcome Christmas Christmas day” Welcome Jesus, and your Love”
Without Jesus, there really is no (reason) For Christmas, that I can see. I’ts not X mas. (X marks the spot?) ..…Christ mas …..It has a life of it’s own, doesn’t it? Christmas is just another chance for God to say “I LOVE YOU” and believe me, He loves to say it And, those of us know this “Spread the word” I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU! This is what Christmas is all about “I LOVE YOU!!!” ………….I love you I made you a cookie, I love you I sent you a card, I love you I sang you a song……..I LOVE YOU!!!
That’s what Christmas is all about (to me anyway) LOVE ……signing off (Merry Christmas) Laura Grace