At some point, I had to realize, yes, I have been upset for some unhealthy reasons this year. One of them was politics. Another, the pandemic.
How many of us, I wonder, have been caught in the crossfire of arguments over politics, the pandemic, whether we should or should not wear masks, and a host of other volatile issues, this past year.
I recently went on my site and posted a video, in which I said, “Yes, this is still the perfect time to Grow.”
A woman from New York City swiftly ordered my book and said,
“I just ordered your book please pray for me.”
Honestly, this year has been the absolute worst year I have ever seen, as far as people seeming to argue about anything, and everything.
Many people are scared. Frustrated. Feeling like they have no voice.
Amid all this, Jesus still says,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28 NIV)
At Christmas time this year, I lost myself in decorating and doing normal activities involving Christmas.
I have been sending out cards to people shut in, or who are in rest homes.
Some things we can do that are healthy. instead of arguing with others about how to solve the worlds’ problems are:
- Use your talents to cheer someone up. They can surely use the lift!
- Force yourself to walk away from articles and posts that disturb you.
- Pray, every time you find yourself worrying and cast your cares on God.
- Try listening with empathy to someone who sees things from another viewpoint and make up your mind to just listen, and not argue with your own opinion.
- Make up your mind to do normal activities as much as possible, and not dwell on subjects that irritate you. In other words, exercise some self-control.
I am sure there are many ways to think positive and do healthy things, despite the turbulence going on in the world today. Think of it this way; You are far more help to someone if you are an anchor in their waves, or a lighthouse in their storm.
Being part of the problem is to allow yourself to stay upset and of no help or worth to anyone. Being part of the solution is going to require some well thought out decisions and perseverance, which will shape your character and make you a far more effective vessel for God’s Kingdom.